Saturday, April 14, 2012

Know what this is a picture of?

This is a picture of "D" just before he ripped the ball into left center for a double.  
In our home, Garrett is referred to as "D".  I know that is strange since his name begins with a G.  It started when Gracie was just learning to speak.  She called Garrett, "Dieter", for about a year.  Consequently, the entire family began calling him Dieter.  Dieter has further been reduced to just "D", especially at games (most people think we are just yelling G).  I thought for journaling purposes, I would add this little blurb of info.

Garrett has played so well in his last two tournaments.  He is hitting the ball amazingly well, fielding well, and staying positive.  He works hard and practices hard and it is finally paying off.  He is super confident up at bat and I don't stress nearly as much as I used to.  Baseball has been fun in our house this season.
There are a few things associated with baseball that I do not enjoy... this is the BIGGEST...
I HATE BASEBALL LAUNDRY pretty much more than anything in this world!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All that dirt on Garrett means he either got on base or made a valiant effort in catching a ball, both are FABULOUS! I would sure hate it if he came home super clean after a game (of course, I'm not the one who has to get his uniforms clean) and I'm sure, deep down, you feel the same way. Good Job "D"...you're becoming a Rock Star!!

Anonymous said...

P.S. I'm so glad we've moved past that picture of Gracie with the fat lip. I could hardly stand to go to your blog for fear of having to look at that picture. It's awful. Poor Gracie.