This weekend was a winning weekend. All of our favorite teams to cheer for won. It began last night with a big win for the Hurricane Tigers. They are 4-0 thus far in the season. Despite the worst home-town refereeing we have ever witnessed in Mesquite, NV, they were able to easily pull off a victory.
Next, was Garrett's football game. They won 33-0. Garrett played so good and had some very significant tackles. He has finally figured out how to hit... and he holds nothing back these days. Garrett is #17, with the long sleeved white shirt under his jersey. He has the long, skinny legs that look like they will snap if they get hit.

This second picture is of one of his big tackles in the game that forced the opponent to punt. Garrett felt sad because he made this kid cry when he tackled him. They both lied on the ground for a little while after this play.

Grant's football game was as good as Garrett's. They had a 35-0 victory. When his team shuts out the opponent, they get doughnuts at the following practice (doughnuts look like fat zeros, get it?!). Grant is #7 and is the second smallest player on his team. Both boys play cornerback and safety. Luckily, Grant is on a team with some HUGE boys and not too many opponents can get past their line. Therefore, little Grant doesn't get too much action in the back field... which is how his momma prefers it. 


Finally, BYU had a huge victory over UCLA. A 59 to 0 huge victory. (And ESPN said they didn't deserve their win last week against Washington. I think that was BYU's way of telling them where they could go.) I will give everyone fair warning that this blog will mostly contain sporting news over the next few months. If you are not a sports fan, you can just not visit my blog until the 3rd week of November.
3 comments:
I'm excited for all the sports posts we'll be reading on your blog, I'll be checking in often. Congratulations to all the winners this past weekend!! Hey, what about that Gracie, is she going to get her very own post? She should!! She's a BIG winner too!!
I bet it is just as fun to watch you at the football games. I need to put my kids in sports just so I can get all excited and yell things. I bet it is a nice stress reliever.
Oh I did, Jack and John start basketball next month. It will be fun yelling at all those little kindie players. Just kidding.
Your boys look all cool in their football uniforms. Tell them way to go on their big wins! Doughnuts would totally motivate me too.
Love the picture of Grant in his full uniform. They look like they are having so much fun playing football. Congrats on all the wins!!
Post a Comment