Let's go down to MEXICO!!!
Well the official contest results are in. Russ "won" (earned) a trip to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. We will be flying to Mexico at the end of February. We will stay at an ALL-INCLUSIVE resort for 5 days. Russ won a very similar vacation two years ago to Cancun and it was absolutely fabulous! So we know exactly what to expect and we are very excited to be able to go again. His company knows how to vacation! Two years ago, when we went, we extended our vacation and stayed to fly-fish for a total of 10 days- just the two of us- with NO KIDS. It was a great vacation, but we missed the kids terribly. This year we are taking the kids with us. We had their passports made and they are very excited. Gracie is excited to swim all day. Garrett is excited to eat all day. And Grant is excited to miss 3 days of school and fly in an airplane. It is amazing how different each of my kids are.
I am so proud of Russ who worked so hard in this contest. I am so lucky to be married to such a great man. He is truly amazing. He is a hard worker. He is so supportive of all of my crazy ideas (graduate school, running marathons, working with the Huntsman games, etc., etc.). He is the best dad to our kids. He helps coach the boys sports teams. He helps Garrett with scouts. He irons the kids Sunday clothes each week. He makes the breakfasts of champions (most mornings these days). He initiates Family Home Evening every week and family prayer every day. He rubs my back and neck every time he watches Sports Center. He works out with me every morning at 5 A.M. He warms up my ice cold hands and feet every night when we go to bed. He paints (and re-paints) the rooms in our home. He fixes my crashed computers (spending 4 hours on the phone with some guy in India). He sends me funny texts and calls me during lunch everyday I work. He listens to my continuous complaining about my pieces of crap, lazy, ignorant, selfish co-workers. I have become completely SPOILED!!! He is dedicated to serving the Lord and devotes so much of his free time to his THREE callings. He is always happy and positive. He is funny, clever, and easy to get along with. ALL of this wrapped up in one handsome package! The greatest thing about Russ is that he continues to put up with ME!!! Just two more years Hon! ;-] My point being... if anyone deserves this vacation... it is Russ! Congratulations!
I also need to give a huge SHOUT OUT to his employees that also worked so hard in this contest. We would not be going on this trip if it were not for them. Thank you "Johnny Lingo", Kurt, and Mike who went all out this year. Also to Richard, Tracy and the Vegas crew. Thanks for making Russ' job easier and enjoyable. I wish all of you were coming with us!
3 comments:
Congrats!! That is so awesome! Russ is the man when it comes to these contests...doesn't he win every year?
Hope you guys have a WONDERFUL trip...you deserve!
Love you
Oh man I am so proud of all of you. I know that contest is a killer and to be the winner of it is a huge accomplishment. I am also so proud of you, Kori that you chose a good man to make you so happy for all these years. He is one of the 30% and for that, you are very lucky. And I must say that I am glad it's you and NOT me going to Mexico. I can quite confidently say I will NEVER venture to that country. I get hives thinking about it. I will enjoy looking at your pictures though.
I suddenly realized that I had not commented on this post. I commented in my mind but forgot to type it up. Congratulations to Russ for his contest WIN...so awesome! Nothing could be more fun than a family trip to Mexico, except maybe a family trip to Hawaii! I know the kids we'll love every minute, I can't wait to hear their reports. You all deserve this great vacation, I'm so happy for you.
Post a Comment