Monday, May 7, 2012

Poetry Night at Sunset



Gracie's class recently had their Shel Silverstein poetry night.  It was a fun little program in which each of the kids in her class memorized a Shel Silverstein poem and then performed it for the parents.  Gracie chose to recite


Eighteen Flavors
By Shel Silverstein

Eighteen luscious, scrumptious flavors
Chocolate, lime and cherry,
Coffee, pumpkin, fudge banana
Caramel cream and boysenberry.
Rocky road and toasted almond,
Butterscotch, vanilla dip,
Butter brickle, apple ripple,
Coconut and mocha chip,
Brandy peach and lemon custard,
Each scoop lovely, smooth and round,
Tallest ice cream cone in town,
Lying there (sniff) on the ground.

She did a great job!


The students also performed some different musical numbers playing instruments and singing.  It was a super cute performance and we are grateful she has had such a wonderful teacher this year.

3 comments:

Karen Carter said...

Sooo adorable! I loved getting caught up on your blog today! Lots of new posts and every one so fun and happy! Happy mothers day to You! You sure are one very deserving mother!

Anonymous said...

What a fun night for Mrs. Beck's class. Gracie recited several poems for us as we drove to and from Cedar City last weekend...so cute. I'm always sad to see the school year come to an end but I know the kids are looking forward to summer...happy days!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

SO So Sweet! I love it! Man I had to catch all up on your blog. I guessed I've missed a few posts.