Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Football Party!!!... by Russ





This weekend was a virtual football party for the Hyde's! Grant started the day with his playoff game at 9:00 am playing Desert Hills. Well they lost and the season is over. Grant got to carry the ball and his SportsCenter moment came as he ran over his tackler. Grant jumped up with a huge smile on his face giving "high fives" and chest bumping. If only I could have caught it on film. It's been alot of fun this year coaching Grant and his teammates! It's a great feeling to watch the boys improve each week even though this season has had alot of setbacks. This picture is of Grant later that night at Garrett's game.

Following Grant's game we traveled up to Cedar City for a tailgate party with Jill's family, Ken and Stacy (Connie's daughter), Grandpa and Grandma Hyde along with Tina and her children...

and to watch Dixie State College play Southern Utah University. Well the tailgate party was fun and the game...well not so much. Blow out!!!! It was 42-0 at half time. Maurice is #82 and as a freshman he doesn't get a lot of playing time but he looks good when he is in!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you, and Russ, are posting again. I love keeping up with what's going on. It seems like we get to see the kids at many of their activities but I know we miss a lot too so this way we can see what we missed. I'm sorry that Grant's year wasn't a winning season but he sure seemed to have a good time and always had such a great attitude. He's such a darling boy, we sure do love him!