Saturday, January 2, 2010

Gone in the twinkling of an eye...

What happened to 2009? I swear I was just writing New Year Resolutions a couple of weeks ago! I was reading back through our blog about our 2009 events. We truly are a blessed family. I am so grateful for all that we have, all that we are able to do, and all of the wonderful people we are surrounded with. I am sometimes disappointed when I look back and see all of the things I didn't accomplish in the past year. There is always so much more I could have or should have done. But to dwell on those things would take away from the many things that we were able to do. It does help me see things that I would like to improve on this coming year.



We are SOOOO excited for 2010. We have many adventures planned. We have new challenges to face. And so much fun to be had. Here is a glimpse at what is PLANNED for 2010 (we reserve the right to change our minds at any time during the year):


Russ- This year he is taking our family to Puerta Vallarta in February. A little sun, a little tan, a little 80 degree weather- can't wait! Russ will also be travelling to Guatemala in April on a fly-fishing excursion. We are excited to see those sailfish photos. He will be taking his annual trips to the Henry's Fork and Yellowstone and probably one more big trip- to where? Heaven only knows. I will find out about one week before he departs. It will go something like this, "Oh, by the way, did I tell you I am going to ______ this Monday to fish for _______? I will be gone for about ten days. You cool with that?" He is a fly by the seat of his pants kinda guy, and I have grown to love it. Russ is also planning to run the St. George Marathon this year with Uncle Brent (This is where the "reserve the right to change our minds" comes into play).


Garrett- Is turning 12 and will be receiving the Aaronic Preisthood in February. I cannot believe he is already that old. He is excited to enter the Young Men's program and have his dad as his Scout Master and Young Men's leader. This year Garrett is playing on a tournament baseball team and will be playing all over the state. We are excited to see him improve. He has great, enthusiastic, devoted coaches. We are grateful they are willing to share their time and talents with Garrett. He will again play basketball and football as well. Rah-Rah-Rah every week filled with sports!

Grant- Is starting basketball this week with his cousin, Gavin. We love basketball season as it is short and sweet. Grant started in braces and has a mouth FULL of metal and rubber bands. We are anxious to see the results of his first phase. He has also entered into the blissful experience of pet ownership as he got a new hamster (after our terrible Christmas day experience). Ginger is his new hamster and she is very boring thus far. She stays buried in her wood chips ALL day and comes out at night to eat her food, drink a little water and then hide once again. She hisses if you stick your hand in her cage and tries to bite if you pick her up. She had a near death experience tonight when Garrett tried to hold her. She bit, he dropped her, she went back into the cage- under the wood chips. (We are not good pet owners!!!) But Grant loves her. He says she is a "cutie pie". If she ever comes out of the wood chips again, we might snap a few pictures.

Gracie- The poor little girly has been supporting her big brothers and their numerous activites for years. She cheers for them. She travels for them. She endures weather of all types for them. Well it is her turn. She will enter some sort of activity of her choice this year. I think she is wanting to try gymnastics. I would like her to begin piano as well... we will see. It will be entertaining I am sure. She is so enthusiastic about everything.

Happy 2010 to everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...what about the MOM??? I know she has plans, goals, wishes, expectations, etc. We want to hear about those as well. 2010 sounds like it will be full of exciting adventures for the Hydes. We're excited to be part of some of the activites mentioned, we're looking forward to it all.

Mindy said...

It's fun to read about what's up at your house. Today at school I saw a buletine board with kids' New Years Resolutions. Most were very long with several ideas on how they can inprove their lives. Grants simply said "I don't want to have braces". I laughed.
See ya soon.