I was commenting on my mother-in-law's blog about New Year Resolutions. I realized that I never really accomplished (or even started) my resolutions for this year, and I only have 5 days left. I figured I could just carry over the resolutions into 2009. Then I remembered that I already did that from 2007. I was feeling really bad about myself. I decided that this year I am bound and determined to accomplish all of my resolutions for 2009. I have also decided that if I write them down, where other people can see them and hold me accountable, I maight actually follow through with them. I also realize that I need to set more realistic goals for myself. Working out 6 days a week just isn't going to happen when you work and are the mother of 3 children. So here goes... MY REALISTIC RESOLUTIONS:
1. I will eat more chocolate in 2009. (OK, so I don't really know if this is possible. I think I personally kept the workers at Hershey employed in 2008. But, I will do my best).
2. I will cook dinner for my family a few times this year. (See, no pressure. If I cook more than a few meals... I will feel so good about myself).
3. I will complain at least 4 days a week about some aspect of my life (work, chores, school, weight, snow, etc.).
4. I will buy myself some new running shoes (without making a committment to run).
5. I will waste more water (by taking a really long hot showers each day... I can actually get more time to myself).
6. I will take more naps in 2009 (Mmmmm, or should I say Zzzzzzzzzzzzz).
7. I will go see one more movie than I did last year (that means I have to see a total of 2).
I feel better now that I have those set. Bring on 2009... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
2 comments:
I love this...these are my kind of resolutions, especially #1...oh and #2, oh, and then there's #3! I'll do my best to follow your good example and make resolutions that I might really beable to keep. Have a great year!
Kori, thanks for helping all of us realize that we don't have to set all these crazy high expectations to be awesome!!
I am definitely stealing some of these...uh...maybe all of these. I already drink less Pepsi than I use to, so I figure that I am doing pretty good.
Happy New Year!!!
Post a Comment