Grant's football team won the CHAMPIONSHIP on Saturday. We are so thrilled. We have had a great football season this year. Here is the football recap for you...
Garrett's team, unfortunately, lost in the semi-finals to a team from Moapa Valley. Moapa Valley is a small town in Nevada. Due to the size of the town, they allowed 4th, 5th and 6th graders to play on the same team. I don't know what they feed those boys down there, but they were GIANTS! Garrett's little team looked like midgets in comparison. We were sad about the loss, but it is good that these boys experience a loss now and then... they've been the champs for the past two years and I think they needed a little humbling :)
Grant's team played in the finals yesterday against Dixie. They were able to pull off a 6-19 win. Before the game, they announced each players name and called them out onto the field. Grant was chosen to be one of the captains for the championship game and was very proud of that. It was a good game, tight score for the first half. However, they held Dixie to one score and came off victorious. After the game they were given big trophies, took pictures, and the coaches announced they would have a big celebration party this week. That is all that matters at this age... the after game treats, trophies, and parties. Grant's loving the champion lifestyle.
Finally, our Hurricane Tigers won their semi-final game and are playing in the state championships this Friday. They will play at Rice Eccles stadium at 10:30 am. We are going to make the long drive up there for the game. We can't wait. We were unable to go this last week because the game was on Thursday. It was difficult for us to have to listen to it on the radio and not be able to watch it live. We couldn't stand not to be there for the championship!!! What kind of fans would we be?
The very next day BYU will play those DIRTY Utes in the same stadium where the Tigers will play on Friday. I hope BYU will bring their stuff to this game. It will hopefully be a good one. What am I going to do now that football season in winding down... I seriously won't have a life for a while. Maybe, I will finally find time to clean my house...just in time for the Holidays.
11 comments:
Congratulations on the BIG Win Grant!! It was a great game, we're glad we got to be there to see it. You might not be the biggest kid on the team but you sure do have the biggest smile!!
Grant sure looks like a Champion in that uniform!! LOVE IT!! Thanks for sharing the good news. Have a GREAT week....Karen~
Yeah for Grant...he is such a good kid too. You must be doing something right because your kids excell in many things AND they are so darn sweet too...thats a rare combo. I hope your shoulder gets better soon...you should just give up on the idea of getting your house in order, thats what New Years is for.
It was not the same without you guys there! Congrats to Grant! looks like we might have to flip in a few years and start traveling to see him play.
Can not wait till friday!!!!
Sounds like you'll have a fun weekend. We'll be cheering for the Tigers and the Cougars, too. Those Snow Canyon Warriors were great. congratulations to Grant.
Enjoy, enjoy!
I'm super sad about Hurricane :o( - but not so much about BYU :o) ...... Must be a very bad weekend for you!?!?
By all the smart folk wear red to work on Friday and we made the deal that the blue folk had to red on Monday if they lost (and vs. or course). Looks like you better be wearing RED tomorrow!
Yeah Utah! ;o)
Remember when I said I wanted you to leave him to me in your will... I wasn't kidding
Congrats to both Grant and Garrett we are proud of them. Have a great Thanks giving and hope to see you all soon!
Congrats to those 2 football boys of yours. Grant you look amazing! I agree with you Kori...this is a horrible way to keep in touch, you are only 2 doors down. Oh well. I loved the croc picture. Lots better than what I came up with. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!
Hey I was just blog hopping and found your guy's blog and thought I would say hi. Football season is over so I wont be seeing you but tell Gracie hi! She is so cute. Well all of your kids are cute. Anyway just thought I would say hi. Chet & Erin Woodbury-cewoodbury.blogspot.com
Gee, I would LOVE to leave a comment if there was something NEW to comment on...Love you guys!
Post a Comment